First, let's go over a quick primer on what mold is. Every kind of mold is a fungus, and share biology with mushrooms and lichens, for example. The mold that is toxic to humans is relatively uncommon in the fungi world, meaning most kinds aren't dangerous. However, some are dangerous, so any mold in your home or business must be cleaned up and completely removed.
The rule of thumb is to find a mold removal companies wayne nj company to clean up the mold if it is more than 9 square feet.in area. When you see any sizable mold growth, though, it's smart to reach out for help from professional mold damage cleanup. Certified technicians can help you make sure there is no mold spots in other places around the house using tools such as hygrometers, thermometers, laboratory-grade mold test procedures and more.
Before you contact mold damage repair technicians, the first step is to prevent the mold from growing. Turn off any HVAC systems. Next, work to stop the dripping or condensation that brought the mold. Make sure roof leaks are no longer dripping into your attic and restrict the flow of any rainwater that has gotten into your basement. Next, stop it from spreading. You might block off the area with disposable tarps, for example.
Now, you're ready to figure out whether to get mold damage removal help. Consider not only the damaged area, but also any aggravating health issues you have. Allergy or asthma sufferers who have trouble breathing, for example, should not perform mold cleanup activities.
Once you've made the decision, there are important steps to take. To finish the cleanup yourself, purchase items such as long mold-approved gloves, coveralls and a mold-safe mask and a pair of goggles. You will also need a throwaway tarp and tools to fix drywall, if that's where you found the mold. Experts agree that you should never leave drywall that has mold on it anywhere you find it because it can't be cleaned thoroughly. Just don't clean with bleach, especially if you're dealing with a substantial mold damage problem. It's mostly ineffective for soft surfaces, afterall, and only somewhat effective on hard surfaces. It's also potentially toxic because it can cause fumes and should never be mixed with ammonia-based cleaners such as window cleaner.
If you're worried enough about mold problems to look for solutions on the web, you need a professional mold removal service. For example, don't hire a company focused on humid areas.
Before you hire anyone, make sure that they are certified properly and that they are certified by trade organizations such as the Contractor Connection, Restoration Industry Association and the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration.
You need to remove any fungal growth you find to prevent further harm, and do it now. If not, mold damage will continue to feast on your home or business and will ruin your things.
The smartest way to mitigate your mold problem is to get professional mold damage help. Don't delay.